Five Years

Anniversary

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday/Day After

Thanksgiving was yesterday, it was wonderful!  On our way home from my mom's, Darren and I did some Black Friday shopping at Walmart.  We had the PERFECT plan.  We got there at 9, picked up all our 10 pm items, and by 10 pm, we were camped out next to Darren's blu-ray home theater.  We weren't allowed to touch that till 12 pm.  It was a long night, but we had fun with it.  Darren, of course, became friends with all those around him and was just chatting it up all night while waiting.  At about 11 pm, I headed over to get in line.  The plan was I'd wait in line, when I got to the front, I'd just let people go in front of me till Darren got there at 12 with the blu-ray.  That way...no waiting!  Well, at about 11:30, I was at the front of the line and turned to let others go ahead of me.  Only...it turned out, EVERYONE behind me was ALSO waiting until 12!  They let the electronics out at 11:45, so Darren joined me in line then, but we couldn't check out till 12.  The second midnight hit, we were checking out!  We were to our car by 12:15 =).  Couldn't have gone any more smoother, I don't think.

Today, the day after Thanksgiving, I have been confined to the couch.  Last night after kickball, I started to not feel so great.  This head cold has not been fun...but I'm sitting up now so it's a step in the right direction!

How was your day after?  Did you go Black Friday shopping?

No comments: