Five Years

Anniversary

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 2 - Day 26: A Recipe

So here I am... in November.  And almost done with that 30 day challenge I started in March!  I'll for sure finish it this month thanks to NaBloPoMo =)

So Day 26 is a recipe.  Now, I'm not too much of a cook, but I have gotten better in the past few years.  But when I was thinking about this post, 2 recipes come to mind.

When I was in like...4th grade maybe?  My best friend at the time was named Jaime (insert eye roll and chuckle here).  She taught me this snack that a babysitter of hers had taught her.  And growing up, I LOVED making this!  So here's recipe #1: A cup half full of dry oats, a generous amount of brown sugar, and a glob of butter.  Super healthy, right?  You stick it in the microwave until the butter melts, mix it all together, and there you have it!  A super healthy snack ;).

So that's my goofy recipe.  Brought back some memories!  Now here's the for real one:

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!  DELISH!
1 1/2 cup       Flour
1 teaspoon     Salt
1 teaspoon     Soda
1 cup             Shortening
3/4 cup          Brown Sugar (see a trend?  Love brown sugar!)
3/4 cup          Sugar
2                   Eggs
1 teaspoon     Vanilla
2 cups            Chocolate Chips
2 cups            Uncooked Rolled Oats

Sift Flour, Salt and Soda
Cream Shortening and Sugars
Beat in Eggs and Vanilla
Stir in dry (Flour, Salt, Soda), Oats and C. Chips
Drop on ungreased cookie sheets
cook at 350 for 10-12 minutes (I think I did 15)

There you have it!  It makes a lot of cookies and they are to DIE for.

No comments: