Five Years

Anniversary

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 8: A "Thank You" letter for someone who has changed your life

A thank you letter to someone who changed my life…my life has been touched by the lives of MANY, that selecting one would be close to impossible.  So…I decided to take my life from back when I lived in Cali to where I am now, and thank those that come to mind.  I won’t include everyone…but those that left a remarkable impact in my life and that impacted who I am today.  Also, I won’t be using any names, but you'll know who you are.  A few of you could probably name everyone else too...  =P

*To the YW Leader that wasn’t only my leader, but a friend when I had none. Who made me feel like I was the most important person in the world. Who helped me realize my value and worth – along with my potential. For the example you set…



*To the one tie I still have to California. Times between us weren’t always easy. But through it all, we have stayed friends. We can go months without speaking, but I always know that if I needed you, you’d be there instantly.

*The one who was my best friend for years – who helped my testimony grow and taught me a lot about what I want in life. Thanks for helping me learn to really communicate my feelings. Thanks for never completely giving up on me. Thanks for giving me a shot to make things good again.

*To the friend who watched me crumble time and time again and never forced me to talk – never told me what I should do, how I should feel, was just there. Things are different with us now, but I remember how much you blessed my life. Thank you.

*To the one who was always there and still is. I relied on you throughout the years and you never let me down. You helped teach me what it means to be a friend. You helped me become a better friend. You’ve never left my side =) 

*To the one who taught me how to pray. Well, my parents taught me how to pray…but you taught me how to use prayer in my everyday life. You taught me how to listen to the spirit and have faith to act upon that which I was prompted. Thank you for being such a great friend, no matter the circumstances. When I needed you, you were there, no matter how much it hurt.

*To the friend who saw me through the roughest patch. Thanks for sticking by my side – for never letting me give up. Thanks for listening to my random stories, going on adventures with me, and thanks for watching Pearl Harbor over and over again. I am so lucky to have you as one of my best friends, and I am so excited for you and where you’re going in life =)

*To the friend who didn’t let a dumb boy get in the middle of us. For listening to me rant and rave. For forgiving me of my mistakes…thank you for always being there to talk to. I'm so glad that even though I'm a boring married person, we're STILL friends.  Thanks for being my friend.

*To my best friend. Thanks for the love you’ve shown me, and continue to show me every day. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your strength and example. For all you do for me. Thank you for your support and encouragement. I love you, always and forever. I love where we’re at and can’t wait to see what the future holds for us.

*To the friends that I was born with. You ALL have impacted my life in a specific way. Each of you have helped shaped me into who I am today. I look up to each and every one of you (even you, little one).

*And to my friends that I didn’t always consider my friends. Thank you for raising me to be the person I am today. Thank you for the home environment you created. Thank you for instilling a testimony in me. Thank you for always supporting me, no matter what.

*And lastly, for my new friends. The ones that maybe weren’t around in high school or college, but are part of my life now. Thank YOU for being the person you are. I love my current friends and couldn’t be happier. You guys are WONDERFUL.

2 comments:

David and Jessica said...

I like this whole being able to read a blog each day. makes me wanna do somethin like this. i need something to write about...

Chelsie said...

Awww so tender! Love it! You're a good friend to Sky and I... thank you!